10 good football new-year resolutions for 2018
It’s Monday, January 1st, 19:00. You’re on the couch, still recovering. You’re watching Everton – Manchester United. The anchor keeps drumming up the one statistic of 2017 after the other. And then, out of nowhere, you are asking yourself what it is you did last year. A couple of memories seep in; ending up at the bottom of the competition with your own football mates, that horrible family weekend and also losing that bag of cash at the Unibet. You’re quick to conclude: 2017 was not the greatest football year.
In other words: time to draw up those 2018 new year resolutions! Just to help you out a bit, we’ve put nice little list of resolutions together for you:
1. No more betting on Manchester United;
2. Being the designated drive for your friends every once in a while;
3. Minding your language more during matches;
4. Not taking corners anymore if you’re just going to kick the ball into the bleachers anyway;
5. Not going all out EVERY Friday night;
6. Actually working out more when at the gym;
7. Not pulling a Lewis Hamilton when driving the team;
8. Arguing less with the referee. After all, he’s there for the fun too;
9. No more zapping away from a romantic comedy to a Champions League match;
10. And last but certainly not least: taking a football trip to see one of your favourite European clubs.