Football trips to France – Ligue 1 Matches
PLAN YOUR FOOTBALL TRIP TO FRANCE AND WATCH A LIGUE 1 MATCH
A football trip to France. Experience the world stars of French football live. Visit different top French clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain. The Ligue 1 is home to some of the world’s best footballers such as Neymar, Mbappé and Thiago Silva.
Of course, France has a lot more to offer than just football. So why not use your football trip to explore the beauty of France, for example the Eifel tower in Paris or the Palais Princier in Monaco.
Experience French football live with a football trip to the Ligue 1!
FOOTBALLTRIPS TO FRANCE: TIPS FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP
Are you planning a football trip to France or do you have doubts? Don’t! We at Footballtripsonline are happy to advise you and inform you about everything you need to know. Read through these tips to ensure you are perfectly prepared. That way your football trip is guaranteed to be a success!
1. WHICH FRENCH FOOTBALL CLUBS CAN YOU VISIT?
We offer football trips to Paris Saint-Germain. Last season they won the Ligue 1 title. This is the club that players such as Neymar, Mbappé, Thiago Silva and Edinson Cavani call home.
A football trip to visit Paris Saint-Germain is a must for every football fan who loves:
- International Star Players: Both in the past and in the present. many world class football players have played in the Paris Saint-Germain jersey. Ronaldinho, Ibrahimović, Neymar and Mbappé are only a few names.
- Attacking football: Paris Saint-Germain is synonymous with dominance on the pitch. It certainly is no coincidence that opponents are often humiliated with high results. For example they beat Troyes 6:0 in the 2015/2016 season.
- Passionate fans: The fans of Paris Saint-Germain are infamous. Have a look at the picture below to get a taste of what you are in for during your trip.
- Romantic: For those who love a little romance, Paris is the ideal city. It is the perfect city to bring your partner along on the trip.
2. WHAT ARE THE TOP MATCHES IN FRENCH FOOTBALL?
Besides Paris Saint-Germain AS Monaco, Olympique Lyon, Olympique Marseille and OGC Nice are the top clubs in French football. Matches between these five teams are top matches in the Ligue 1.
The match between Paris Saint-Germain and Olympique Marseille is the equivalent of the El Clasico in Spain. It is also known as Le Classique in French. Another real derby is the match between AS Monaco and OGC Nice. This is known as the Derby de la Côte d’Azur.
3. WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TRAVEL TO FRANCE FOR A FOOTBALL TRIP?
The best time to undertake a football trip to France is during the months of April, May, September and October.
In April average temperatures are around 15 degrees, in May around 18 degrees, in September around 23 degrees and in October around 17 degrees.
4. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL TO FRANCE?
Of course this kind of depends on where in the UK you are traveling from. The easiest and for many most obvious choice is to travel by plane. From London, but also from many other UK airports, daily flights take off to Paris and other destinations in France.
However, from London you could also take the Eurostar, which gets you from London to Paris in less than three hours. You can of course also opt to take the bus or the car.
5. WHAT ARE FRENCH FOOTBALL FANS LIKE?
As is typical for southern European countries, football is one of the most important things in life for the French. This is reflected in the passion and atmospheres found in the stadiums. Nearly every football club has a so-called Ultra movement. For example Paris Saint-Germain has the PSG Ultras.
6. CAN I GO ON A STADIUM TOUR?
Of course this is possible! Prices will vary based on age and fall in the range of €5 up until €30. For example a tour of the Parc des Princes costs €22 for grown ups and €18 for youth/students.
Don’t forget to add the stadium tour to your booking. This has the advantage that you have a lot of different time slots to choose from and are not bound by the times available at the location. You can book a stadium tour with Footballtripsonline or with the desired club themselves.
7. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO THE STADIUM?
The Parc des Princes is located relatively close to the city centre of Paris. This means you can easily reach it using public transport.
Tip: If you still have doubts about your trip, we at Footballtripsonline are more than happy to help you put together your trip. Get in touch with us via email or by phone. Often times the clubs themselves have very detailed directions on how best to reach the stadium on their website.
8. WHAT DO THE FRENCH EAT DURING A MATCH?
Of course there is a great deal of choices available to choose from. These vary depending on the region and the clubs themselves. The ‘’Galette-Saucisse’’ is a pancake with a sausage. This is the most popular food eaten in the stadiums in France. You can enjoy this snack either warm and cold and wash it down with a nice local drink. This is the perfect snack for your football trip in France.
9. WHICH FRENCH WORDS ARE USEFUL TO KNOW TO UNDERSTAND FRENCH FOOTBALL?
About 220 million people on earth speak French. Think of regions such as Belgium, Switzerland, Cameroon, Algeria and the Ivory Coast. Here are some French words, we think might be useful on your football trip to France:
But – Goal
Millieu – Midfielder
Attaquant – Striker
Défenseur – Defender
Capitaine – Captain
Entraîneur – Manager
Arbitre – Referee
Juge de ligne – Lines Judge
Pénalité – Penalty
Tirs au but – Penalty shootout
Coup franc – Free Kick
Corner – Corner
Temps d’arrêt – Injury time
Homme du match – Man of the Match
Stade – Stadium